Experience/reviews for the Polaris 8050 Sport?

Jul 12, 2011
London, ON, Canada
My search turned up empty so I thought I'd start a new thread. I'd been using a random suction robot that always missed so many spots I had to vacuum it myself anyway.

At the pool store and the sales guy recommended the Polaris 8050 sport, saying that the treads got good traction without damaging vinyl liners, as well as tracking itself to make sure it "learns" and does the whole pool. He also said it had a feature that you could "order" it to the surface to ease removal.

I took it home, planning to check some on-line reviews (hopefully on TFP). Nothing. Also, reading the manual on-line I could see no evidence of "order to surface" feature.

Anyone have any experience with this robot? I'm leery to be a guinea pig and these things aren't cheap.

Tim

We dont see many members with this specific cleaner, so thats why your search didn't turn up much. I wish I knew about that robot and could help you, but I cant.

People tend to purchase what they can get first hand knowledge about and for the most part TFPers have gravitated towards Dolphin (Maytronics) cleaners because so many of us have them and love them. Dolphin have a very good reputation for reliability and performance and a very wide range of models, features and prices.

Im sure there are other good cleaners out there, so maybe someone else who has one will chime in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.