Ladder options

Kim1181

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2017
Cross Hill, SC
I am having my AG pool installed sometime in the next week... weather is holding us up. My question is that I am going to have a deck put up around my pool but not immediately. Am I going to have to buy two separate ladders or is there a ladder that I can use now that will conform to a deck later?

I did this
bought a Confer brand ladder
look up confer plastics, the have many " A" frame ladders.
Pick one and also order a deck conversion kit.Make sure the ladder you choose will accept the conversion kit, appears 4 or 5 of them do.Use it as a A frame ladder, when needing to mount to deck, you cut the back legs off and attach the deck kit.Basically sliding 2 pads with legs into each hollow opening left when cutting off, just double measure when cutting.They also have extension kits, which I needed since my deck was a little tall for the ladder.Very strong but the safety barrier is a little annoying since upper portion like to come loose.
I removed after the 2nd year.
couple links below

Products | Confer Plastics, Inc

Pool Ladders A-Frame

Thank you for the suggestions. So I purchased the Confer A-Frame 7200 ladder and conversion kit. It will be awhile until the deck is built and I don't want to screw holes in my pool top to stabilize the ladder. Any suggestions??

Kim, I adjusted my ladder to just touch the top rail of my pool. Cut a piece of pool mat and put between ladder and top rail so the finish does not get rubbed. I use a 14x14x1 paver on the bottom platform of the ladder and it's as solid as can be without being bolted down.
Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.