Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not sure where to put this but questions or advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Not sure where to put this but questions or advice

I am about to begin filling my pool as I have a leak in pool somewhere. But first I have to get the swamp clear so I can find the leak. That leads me to my question, my liner has wrinkles in the deep end and neglect from leak in pool. Clearing the swamp probably 250.00, dealing with wrinkles. Is it best to just buy a new liner and try a DIY install???

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not sure where to put this but questions or advice

Do you know how old the liner is? I realize that it's pretty swampy, but can you tell if it's faded significantly?

Does the leak continue constantly or does it stop at a certain water depth? Does it leak regardless of whether the pump is running or not? Have you tried capping all the return lines and skimmer lines (pump off, obviously) to see if the leak stops?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons