Leak around concrete equipment slab when running polaris :(

Good morning!
Opened the pool up a week ago - it's unseasonably cold up here at the moment, so have not been running equipment more than a few hours a day. Last night, I decide to hook up the Polaris 280 (has a dedicated line and is powered by a Polaris pump) as the pool as getting a bit dirty. Polaris looked to be working fine while I had it running. Check on the equipment pad to make sure I had no leaks/issues and see water flowing out from around/under the concrete slab. Pretty heavy flow to be honest. The equipment itself is not leaking (i.e. the top of the concrete slab is dry), but man is there a lot of water coming out from under/around the slab itself. I don't notice this when the pump alone is running, but I see water come out of the ground about 3 mins after turning on the Polaris pump. It's been raining pretty hard last few days so can't tell if the area around the equipment pad is wet when I'm only running the pump - it's not visible for sure until I turn on the Polaris pump...

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot - I am trying to avoid having to break the concrete :(

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand how water could be under the slab if none of the equipment is leaking? Does plumbing run in the ground close to where you see the water? If you think the culprit is the plumbing for the polaris water line, you could do a pressure test (plug the outlet in the pool, and apply pressure to the pump end and see if it drops). Google "plumbing pressure test". Thats all I can think of.

I don't understand how water could be under the slab if none of the equipment is leaking? Does plumbing run in the ground close to where you see the water? If you think the culprit is the plumbing for the polaris water line, you could do a pressure test (plug the outlet in the pool, and apply pressure to the pump end and see if it drops). Google "plumbing pressure test". Thats all I can think of.

The equipment isn't leaking. Thinking it might be the plumbing that goes from above the equipment pad, through the concrete slab, and ultimately to the pool. I'm not familiar w/ the plumbing - bought the house w/ the pool. Typically, would the the polaris water line have dedicated plumbing? I'm trying to find out from the compnay that installed the pool if they have schematics. I suppose I'm going to be spending some time digging around the concrete pad to get a sense of what plumbing looks like...

Well I can tell you one thing that stands out....you have pipes going into your slab/pad. And you live in Canada. Freeze/thaw/movement = cracked pvc. Pipes should enter the ground through earth or gravel, not the concrete. Imagine how that pad can move around if moisture gets under it, then freezes (eg. especially in the spring when snow melts during the day, then night time temps drop below freezing).

Well I can tell you one thing that stands out....you have pipes going into your slab/pad. And you live in Canada. Freeze/thaw/movement = cracked pvc. Pipes should enter the ground through earth or gravel, not the concrete. Imagine how that pad can move around if moisture gets under it, then freezes (eg. especially in the spring when snow melts during the day, then night time temps drop below freezing).

Yes, it's ridiculous. Not sure why whoever installed the pool would do it this way. That being said, any suggestions on how to best figure out/find the leak, and fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.