HELP!!!!!!!! Please no one has been able to clear my pool!!

Jun 23, 2009
I really dont know what else to do.. I have brought numerous samples of pool water to the pool store for testing. They tell me I need this and that.. I always buy what they recommend, follow the directions and my pool hasnt cleared up in 12 months!!!!! I have had NUMEROUS pool guys come to my house, they seem to know what theyre talking about, they add chemicals and No one has ever been able to clear it up since last July!! I am ready to cry! LOL Im having a huge 4th of July party.. I dont know what to do! We have tried shocking, algeacide, clarifiers, flok, pure bleach.. I really dont know what to do!!!

Can you guys steer me in the right direction? Would a picture help? I have an IG pool 20X40 with a sand filter. There is no main drain in the deep end on the bottom.. Shallow end is 3 feet, deep end is 8 feet. I can see the bottom of the shallow end but its cloudy. I can not see the bottom of the deep end. The white steps have some yellow on them but Im not sure if that could be pollen?

Either way - its almost a bit milky.. PLEASE help!!!!!

Well, I can understand your frustration if it's been that long.

For us to help you we need a full set of test results.

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

You would be wise to invest in your own test kit, that way you don't have to rely on the pool store and you aren't subjected to their bad advice and convinced you need chems that won't clear your pool. Read about them here.

So if you have test results on hand, post them or you'll have to go have them done again, just don't buy anything from them, yet.

Is this a vinyl pool?

With no main deep end drain, I'll figure you have two skimmers. Set one skimmer up for vacuuming and put the vacuum head in the deep part of the pool. Turn it so the head intake is pointing up. (not vacuuming the bottom) You are going to make it a bottom drain. Put the other skimmer on about half flow. Leave it like that for two days. Clean the filter when needed. Also, if you have some DE, put about a cup of DE in the filter everytime you backflush.

Also, we still need a set of readings.

Hotrod30 said:
Also, if you have some DE, put about a cup of DE in the filter everytime you backflush.
Hear, hear. DE is pretty cheap ($1/lb ?) and really helps make the sand more effective. Probably will need to backwash more often, but it means you're getting the gunk out faster.

A cloudy pool will absolutely want big doses of chlorine but we can't tell you how much without those test results!
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.