Pic progression of our build in SC !

RoyM

Apr 19, 2017
Greenville SC
Well after 8 years of talking about it, saving and deciding what we wanted, we finally pulled the trigger on our backyard makeover/pool build. We started with leveling the back yard, which required quite a bit of work. We had 11' of fall from the high corner to the low corner. We retaining walled the entire backyard, 5' walls on the high side and 4' walls on the low side, leaving us a nice 2' of pitch from front to back. Our fence will be aluminum, cored into the top of the wall.

For a pool, we decided on an 18x36 rectangle with 6" radius corners IG liner pool, with full length vinyl over steps. We chose SR Smith TREO LED lights, 3 on one side and 1 in the deep end, with remote system. There will be 4 jandy deck jets on the opposite side of the lights- lights facing away from the house/main deck, jets shooting towards.

We will be doing a 24" band of color hardener dyed charcoal concrete around the pool, grooving it to resemble 3' pieces of stone. The remainder of the deck will be rock salt finished and sealed with a satin dealer. The deck will be (from right to left) 10' on deep end where diving board is, 16' on deck closest to the house, and 12' on the left side. On the far side of the pool we will only have the 24" band, allowing the landscaping to come up close to the pool edge.

Here's some progression pics so far, I will update as we get more done. Doing the concrete work and grading myself, means I am a bit slower than most as I have to do it when I/my friends have the time.

Great retaining wall, er, pool project you've got there! That will be a fine place to relax in.

Wow, moving along quickly. I am also looking at the Treo lights to replace the failing LEDs we put in 3 years ago. We love our deck jets, I had to modify the nozzle to restrict flow as our 2 provided an overpowering noise when running.

- - - Updated - - -

So the deck is now poured, I'll get better pics of it from a top view soon. We (a few friends and I) poured it, then I spent a day pressure washing and staining/sealing. It has a rock salt finish that gives the right amount of grip without being a pain for furniture and feet.

Deck jets are set, and plumbing is all finished. Filling is half done, electricians will be here today to finish wiring, and then we should be good to go!

Roy! Man that looks awesome! I LOVE the color and how you did the deck! Looks classy!

One day when you have a min :roll: I would love to see a pic from the back of your yard towards the wall/house/pool. Just to get a good idea how big it all is :shock:

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.