Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pic progression of our build in SC !

1. Back To Top    #1

Pic progression of our build in SC !

Well after 8 years of talking about it, saving and deciding what we wanted, we finally pulled the trigger on our backyard makeover/pool build. We started with leveling the back yard, which required quite a bit of work. We had 11' of fall from the high corner to the low corner. We retaining walled the entire backyard, 5' walls on the high side and 4' walls on the low side, leaving us a nice 2' of pitch from front to back. Our fence will be aluminum, cored into the top of the wall.

For a pool, we decided on an 18x36 rectangle with 6" radius corners IG liner pool, with full length vinyl over steps. We chose SR Smith TREO LED lights, 3 on one side and 1 in the deep end, with remote system. There will be 4 jandy deck jets on the opposite side of the lights- lights facing away from the house/main deck, jets shooting towards.

We will be doing a 24" band of color hardener dyed charcoal concrete around the pool, grooving it to resemble 3' pieces of stone. The remainder of the deck will be rock salt finished and sealed with a satin dealer. The deck will be (from right to left) 10' on deep end where diving board is, 16' on deck closest to the house, and 12' on the left side. On the far side of the pool we will only have the 24" band, allowing the landscaping to come up close to the pool edge.

Here's some progression pics so far, I will update as we get more done. Doing the concrete work and grading myself, means I am a bit slower than most as I have to do it when I/my friends have the time.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pic progression of our build in SC !

WOW.

Keep those pictures coming!!!! What an enormous job. <whew!>

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Great retaining wall, er, pool project you've got there! That will be a fine place to relax in.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow, moving along quickly. I am also looking at the Treo lights to replace the failing LEDs we put in 3 years ago. We love our deck jets, I had to modify the nozzle to restrict flow as our 2 provided an overpowering noise when running.
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

6. Back To Top    #6

Looking good so far, y'all will love the full length steps it makes it look so good. Are you putting a handrail in for them, we opted not to and very happy with our decision.

Salty
    20X40 30,000 gal. Vinyl, AquaPlus Automation w/ T-15 SWG & AquaConnect, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, ProSeries S310T2 Filter, H Series 400FDN Heater, Sense/Dispense with Stenner Pump, ColorLogic X 3, TigerShark RC990, ​Borates, TF-100 test kit, K-1766 & Speed Stir Finally done! Well Almost

7. Back To Top    #7

I've spent too many hours here. I see that red dirt and think, "I hope he isn't filling from a well."

Looks good so far!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

- - - Updated - - -

So the deck is now poured, I'll get better pics of it from a top view soon. We (a few friends and I) poured it, then I spent a day pressure washing and staining/sealing. It has a rock salt finish that gives the right amount of grip without being a pain for furniture and feet.

Deck jets are set, and plumbing is all finished. Filling is half done, electricians will be here today to finish wiring, and then we should be good to go!

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks, and definitely no handrail =)

10. Back To Top    #10

Roy! Man that looks awesome! I LOVE the color and how you did the deck! Looks classy!

One day when you have a min I would love to see a pic from the back of your yard towards the wall/house/pool. Just to get a good idea how big it all is

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit