Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Duck Rescue

1. Back To Top    #1

Duck Rescue

My renter called me and said there were ducks in the pool and they couldn't get out. I said if they flew in they will leave soon enough.

He then said they are baby ducks. I'm thinking that is impossible, but go over anyway and this is what I found... Click on pic to enlarge...

The baby ducks were riding the mom's back.. I built a ramp for them to use, but my English to duck language translator failed to work so I tried to herd them on to the ramp.. Much harder than it looks as they are fast little buggers. At one point they all swam into the skimmer and when I took the top off they were all bobbing up and down... Pushed them out and finally got them to walk the plank...

Mommy of course is going crazy the whole time... After they finally all got out, I shooed them down the drive way and they disappeared... I have no idea where they came from as there is no place in the backyard they could have been hatched..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Duck Rescue

Had the same thing happen at a client's pool last year. luckily she kept some boogie boards out that I could build a ramp for them to run up because I sure wasn't netting them. You're right, they are fast and these ones were very good divers. No mother in sight for me luckily, one last thing to worry about.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

This story makes me so happy!

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow, what a day!

Before anyone thinks awww they're so cute just think duck poop. Lots of it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

@ pooldv
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

There was plenty of duck poop on the bottom to the pool...

I wonder what my robot is going to smell like tomorrow???

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Eeewwww. My brother had some ducks in his pool and that was yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm happy to report that I don't know what duck poo smells like.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Eeewwww. My brother had some ducks in his pool and that was yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm happy to report that I don't know what duck poo smells like.
    Probably not nearly as good as duck a l'orange
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

9. Back To Top    #9

Mmmm Mmmm good!
    TFP Moderator