Bleach and Borax

I'm still trying to get whatever is eating my chlorine out.....I've dumped about 30 plus gallons of bleach i it in the last 2 days, woke up and tested this morning and was stil at FC 6 and CC 2.5 I tested the ph and it was low, 6.8, but I still need to continue shocking.....Should I wait till the shock treatment is over before raising ph....

Thanks for the help.....So I should keep the solar cover off, keep the Shock at 24ppm, unti the CC is .5 or 0???

Then when the FC drops to below 10, raise the PH.......Would it help if I ran the fountain now, does that help raise PH?

Does this sound right???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Another question on shocking

I've gotten my cc down to about 1.5ppm

I'm continuing to add bleach to keep the FC at 24ppm....Do I continue to do this until I have no cc, and it can hold FC overnight????

Is this abnormal to not be able to get CC down fast.....Not sure what was in the water, but it sure seems hard to kill, just doesn't want to go away.....I have a ouotside garbage bin full of bleach containers.....

Re: Another question on shocking

please keep your posts in the same thread, it helps to re-read what's going on and your history.
you are done shocking when your water is clear, cc's are .5 or less and you lose 1ppm or less fc overnight.

Re: Another question on shocking

Wild Duk said:
I've gotten my cc down to about 1.5ppm

I'm continuing to add bleach to keep the FC at 24ppm....Do I continue to do this until I have no cc, and it can hold FC overnight????

Is this abnormal to not be able to get CC down fast.....Not sure what was in the water, but it sure seems hard to kill, just doesn't want to go away.....I have a ouotside garbage bin full of bleach containers.....
Yes, continue adding bleach until CC is 0.5 or lower and FC holds overnight.

There are different forms of CC. Some go away much more easily than others.

You want to maintain shock level and have plenty of direct sunlight to help break down the remaining CC.

Topic merged. JasonLion

I’m new so I’m asking to learn.
Would it have been better for Wild Duk to get the pH ideal first, and then start shocking? Would that have altered the shock results?
Or Wild Duk, was the pH ideal but it changed on you during the shock process?

It is best to get the PH very roughly into the correct range first and then shock. There can be a problem with shocking when PH is way off of what it is supposed to be, but there is no need to get the PH exactly right (except perhaps for baquacil conversions).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.