So Long Old Ultra Frame, Hello New One....

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
Well our old Ultra Frame lasted 4 seasons and it's got to go. Legs were rusted by the plastic pads and the liner was not to be repaired anymore. I think we got our money out of it:) Just went and picked up the new "style/color Ultra Frame. (2) intake ports will be nice and I actually like the new color better. Also it seemed like the upright connectors ("T") connectors are a little more aesthetically pleasing. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate and new one will be assembled. Just FYI I used a SWG for all the years and no rust from that....rusty legs were from nasty winter weather here in WI and a small leak we couldn't find...lol.

Same situation here. Got 4 seasons out of the old one. Some rust around some of the feet. Just put up the new model this weekend. Like the new T connectors. Although I will say getting the last pole together was fairly difficult. On the previous model, you could slide the connector in past the clip to get the extra space you needed to connect. Can't do that with this model.
I cut out the 2 outlets and hard plumbed the pool and added a side skimmer and anti-fatigue mats under the pool. (They made all the difference in the world) No wrinkles at all. Will make the pool bug's job of cleaning the bottom much easier. Nice spongy feel when you're in the pool. I also like the new color and having bright blue squares again.20170507_173937.jpg

Yeah, I purchased them from harbor freight for $7.00 per pkg. Ironically, it took 18 pkgs to do the job for an 18" pool. They interlock together, but I still used gorilla tape to hold the seem just in case. It really takes care of a lot of bottom of pool issues. I had sand, tarp and gorilla pad under the last one, and still developed crevices/depressions/wrinkles where dirt would collect and make it difficult for the pool bug to clean. Perfectly smooth now. Really nice to walk on, also.
I left the sand/tarp gorilla pad in place due to it being nicely compacted and flat from the previous pool. I bought 2 12"x 8' trex boards and planed them down to 1/2" and cut them into 6" pieces and just laid them on my existing concrete blocks to make up the difference the 1/2" pad made.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.