Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So Long Old Ultra Frame, Hello New One....

1. Back To Top    #1

So Long Old Ultra Frame, Hello New One....

Well our old Ultra Frame lasted 4 seasons and it's got to go. Legs were rusted by the plastic pads and the liner was not to be repaired anymore. I think we got our money out of it Just went and picked up the new "style/color Ultra Frame. (2) intake ports will be nice and I actually like the new color better. Also it seemed like the upright connectors ("T") connectors are a little more aesthetically pleasing. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate and new one will be assembled. Just FYI I used a SWG for all the years and no rust from that....rusty legs were from nasty winter weather here in WI and a small leak we couldn't find...lol.
    Intex 18x48/2650 Sand/56601E SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So Long Old Ultra Frame, Hello New One....

Don't toss out the old uprights and T connectors. Somebody will need them. List 'em on eBay or just be patient. Someone here will be lamenting the difficulty in locating one soon enough.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Same situation here. Got 4 seasons out of the old one. Some rust around some of the feet. Just put up the new model this weekend. Like the new T connectors. Although I will say getting the last pole together was fairly difficult. On the previous model, you could slide the connector in past the clip to get the extra space you needed to connect. Can't do that with this model.
    I cut out the 2 outlets and hard plumbed the pool and added a side skimmer and anti-fatigue mats under the pool. (They made all the difference in the world) No wrinkles at all. Will make the pool bug's job of cleaning the bottom much easier. Nice spongy feel when you're in the pool. I also like the new color and having bright blue squares again.20170507_173937.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4

Curious..what are anti-fatigue mats?
    Intex AG 22' x 52" Ultra frame, Intex 2650 pump, sand filter and SWG
    Hayward in-wall skimmer, Wanda the Whale, center fountain, Intex magnetic light

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by grannydi View Post
    Curious..what are anti-fatigue mats?
    Closed-cell sponge rubber. Sorta like wrestling mats from school days. Search results for: 'antifatigue'
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Interesting. These are used in place of foam sheets under the liner?
    Intex AG 22' x 52" Ultra frame, Intex 2650 pump, sand filter and SWG
    Hayward in-wall skimmer, Wanda the Whale, center fountain, Intex magnetic light

7. Back To Top    #7

There are quite a few people that use the mats in place of sand or ridgid foam boards under an above ground liner.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah, I purchased them from harbor freight for $7.00 per pkg. Ironically, it took 18 pkgs to do the job for an 18" pool. They interlock together, but I still used gorilla tape to hold the seem just in case. It really takes care of a lot of bottom of pool issues. I had sand, tarp and gorilla pad under the last one, and still developed crevices/depressions/wrinkles where dirt would collect and make it difficult for the pool bug to clean. Perfectly smooth now. Really nice to walk on, also.
    I left the sand/tarp gorilla pad in place due to it being nicely compacted and flat from the previous pool. I bought 2 12"x 8' trex boards and planed them down to 1/2" and cut them into 6" pieces and just laid them on my existing concrete blocks to make up the difference the 1/2" pad made.

9. Back To Top    #9

How much was your deck and what size?
    Exactly what iam looking to do.

10. Back To Top    #10

I believe it's 14' wide x 12' deep. Can't remember the exact price. A couple hundred in materials. I built it myself.