Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae Growth On Grout Below Water Line

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae Growth On Grout Below Water Line

Our Breeze SWG cell wasn't producing chlorine at an acceptable level, so I replaced it which solved the issue. FC was almost non-existent for a brief time, but is around 4 now.

I'm having issues with minor bright green algae growth below the water line on the grout. I've brushed it off twice, but it comes back after a few weeks in certain low light spots. It's not pervasive.

What are thoughts on using this method to kill it?: How To Clean Algae From Swimming Pool Tile Grout - INYOPools.com

Any other suggestions? I saw about spraying bleach, but it seems that that is geared to algae ABOVE the water line, and obviously I can't spray underwater. Although I suppose I could let the water level fall so I could get to the affected areas with a sprayer.

It's growing in the shaded area of this picture:
    Pool.jpg

Thanks TFP!
    In-ground plaster 17k gallon pool & spa with flag stone decking, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Pentair Intellifo Pump, Jandy RS6 Controller, Jandy LX400N-L Heater, Zodiac MX-6 Robot, SGS Breeze SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae Growth On Grout Below Water Line

What are your test results?

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Algae Growth On Grout Below Water Line

Lowering the water is the best cure.

More chlorine is the preventative
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School