Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner In Wisconsin

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner In Wisconsin

Hey all, Just bought a new to me house, it has a 35x20 pool with a slide and diving board. Looking to get information on how to open it, clean, maintain, and winterize it when the time comes. I look forward to learning as much as I can from the experts here!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Owner In Wisconsin

Welcome to the forum!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well Hello Stormfeather!! How Exciting!

Your best bet is to dive into the Pool School articles up top, and get one of the (2) test kits we recommend.

Your pool obviously is big if it has that diving board and slide, so my recommendation is the TF-100. You can order if from TFTestkits.net in NC or from Pool Supply World in California or from Amazon from <a mystery warehouse>. I think TFTestkits.net is probably the fastest route to you.

In PoolSchool you'll read how testing is the backbone to managing your pool our way. Our way is also the cheapest and gives sparkle to your pool that many pool owners who live in the pool store <cha-ching!> can only dream about.

We love pictures <hint hint!>

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Besides the links mentioned above (and in my sig below), here is another one that may help you:
    Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!