Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need help guys!

1. Back To Top    #1

I need help guys!

I am looking at buying a maytronics pool cleaner and I'm trying to save as much money as possible. My pool is only open 5 months out of the year. Do I have to buy from a local dealer in order to have a warranty?

Is this a good deal?

https://www.amazon.com/Dolphin-99996...01N78IVWJ?th=1

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need help guys!

Do a search on the Doheny.com and Sunplay.com sites. They both offer Maytronics built robots but under their own name, that are warranted by Maytronics. You can often save money if you find the "Nautilus" version there. They are the exact same as the Maytronics except for the colors and label.
    I have the Doheny Discovery which is the Maytronics S200, built and warranted by Maytronics.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

This one too, Maytronics cleaners

Marina seems to have the best prices at the moment. I bought my Doheny's Discovery from Doheny's last year and it has a warranty. It is the same as the S200 and Active20. More here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys! I called Marina Pool and got the S300I for $899 out the door! She didn't have the Active 30i in stock. Maybe she gave me a discount? I'll take it!

6. Back To Top    #6

IMO, the Bluetooth on this thing isn't the best and loads VERY slow.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by uscrugbyno1 View Post
    IMO, the Bluetooth on this thing isn't the best and loads VERY slow.
    Yeah, I've e-mailed their App tech support with a few upgrade suggestions. The system should really have a countdown timer to let you know how long before the current cleaner cycle ends. The information is inside the unit, they just need to grab it and build it into the app display. I also think their App interface is a little clumsy - for example, you can only get to their Help & Documentation if the unit is on and running....that's really kind of silly. The phone App is still in the early stages of life and they've only just started to push the Bluetooth control down from their more expensive "high-end" models. Kind of like how you could only get certain luxury features in a car if you go to the higher end model, but then, a model season or two later, and the once "luxury" features show up as standard.

Time will tell on how the app develops but the more feedback you give them now, the more inclined they are to look at updates...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

So far I love the cleaner. When I select "FLOOR ONLY" should it even attempt to go up the walls? I find mine doing that for some reason.