2 for 1?

Jul 14, 2015
Houston
My pool pump is about 12 years and after replacing the shaft seal from a leak, it is still leaking very slowly. I suspect the seal plate has a crack. I also noticed my booster pump has a leak at the shaft seal/bearing. Instead of replacing the plate, I am looking at getting a new pentair VS pump.

My question is this, is it possible to replace both the pool pump and the booster pump with a single pump? I suspect not with the how the plumbing looks but hoping the smart people here will tell me otherwise. :)

If the booster pump is for a pressure cleaner then no you cannot replace both with one pump. The pressure side cleaners that use a booster require a low flow and high pressure which is only achievable with the booster pump.

And this is why I boosted pressure side cleaners are so inefficient since you need to have two pumps running at the same time. I would consider abandoning it and getting a robot or something maybe with a single vs pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.