Pittsburgh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 35k in-ground pool.

With DE Nautilus Filter 36SQFT

I purchased a Liquidator that I am planning on adding this year.

I had planned on installing a timer to run with the liquidator that would run for 8ish hours or whatever was needed to turn the pool over once per 24hours.

I also have a home brewed wood fired heater, double barrel stove. I have a valve that I close to shunt some of the water through the heater.

The old pump was only 6 years old, I think a bearing went in it. I could hear a whirring sound over the last 2 seasons that kept getting worse. When I hooked it up this year it just stalled. I took the pump apart looking for obstructions. When the pump was disconnected it would work but get extremely hot. Another reason I am assuming that it is a bearing.

The old pump was a hayward 1hp .75Kw single speed. I only have 120AC going to the pump.

My electric rate is 5.88 cents per KWH. no peak / off peak that I can tell.
There is also a distribution charge of 5.1 cents per KWH on top of that.

Please let me know if there is any other information that would help.

There is a very limited supply of it will speed pump that will run on 120 volts. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the three quarter horsepower WhisperFlo I think.

There is a very limited supply of it will speed pump that will run on 120 volts. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the three quarter horsepower WhisperFlo I think.

Thank you.

I was not able to find much and since I already have all the fittings and plumbing sized for hayward I am just going to stick with hayward and get a 1.5hp super pump. (I figure upgrading from a 1hp to 1.5hp should help any wear issues)

Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump from amazon is $375. I can get up and running in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00198CW7G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks!

Going to a larger pump will not change wear issues. It is just going to cost you more in electricity to run.

I would not call spending more money on a pump that is going to cost more to run an upgrade

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.