Help with heater

May 7, 2017
la mirada, ca
Hello: I find many post regarding heater not turning on ..... but in my case its turning on all the time. My heater should only turn on when the pool equipment turns on and the water is cooler then the setting... but no it will turn on every day when the equipment goes on. So I was thinking can it be the Automatic ignition system, electronic thermostat circuit board or my last thought was digital display temperature controller board. Any one have any thoughts or knowledge of what these parts do so that i can get a starting point..... Thank you in advanced.

What model is your heater? I've recently run into the same situation with my Sta Rite 400HD, and it turns out that there is corrosion on the control board shorting it out. What's more frustrating is that the heater is only 4 months old...

Scar,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all overheated pool owners.... :snorkle:

I can only assume you have some type of automation system... If so, we need to know the make and model of the automation, as well as the make and model of the heater.

Is this a new pool, or is this pool just new to you?

A picture of your equipment pad showing the heater and automation would also help a lot.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.