Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick Question - White Washer found in Multi-Port Valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick Question - White Washer found in Multi-Port Valve

All,

My Hayward Multi-port valve was hard to turn so I opened it up to inspect the spider gasket. When opening, I found what appeared to be a white washer (the one that lives just under the handle) in one of the ports.

I replaced the top of my valve 2 years ago when my handle broke. So my question:

There isn't any sort of white washer that lives in the port assembly is there?

Doesn't make sense that there would be, but I found it in 1 of 2 ports that has a hole. And I can't recall how that would have fallen in without my noticing but I'm thinking thats the only way it could have happened.

IMG_0156.jpgIMG_0157.jpg
    11k IG Gunite, Hayward S244-T Sand Filter, Pentair SuperFlo 1HP Pump, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick Question - White Washer found in Multi-Port Valve

Theres normally a white wear washer that sits between the handle and the top of the stem of the multiport valve.(just below the pin for the handle).that allows the handle to turn without wearing out the valve unit itself.... how it ended up in there is anyone's guess.

intex ultra frame round pool 6831g totally hard plumbed with hayward variable speed pump and jandy cs150 cartridge filter... plus a solar heating roof system with a .75 onga pump and 24" sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quick Question - White Washer found in Multi-Port Valve

Adam,

I have never seen anything inside the multiport except the spider gasket.

As you suspect, this washer sure looks like the one designed to go under the handle..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.