Jandy Laminar jet trouble shooting.

KS Mike

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2017
Wichita, KS
Bought a house last August with a 1 year old pool. Pool builders were maintaining it last year, closed it, and opened this year before handing it over to us to maintain. All 4 laminar jets were working great last year before closing, since opening this year 3 are working as before (shooting into the pool) but one seems to have low pressure and just shoots a stream of water onto the pool deck. I looked at the manuals online and cleaned the inline screen filter (which was not really dirty), opened up the cartridge filter which was completely clean, but neither helped.

I saw saw there was an adjustment screw, but thought I would check here before messing with it since they were all adjusted perfectly before closing. Any ideas on what else to check? If it matters they are the LED fountains.

Hi Mike. I noticed your post a few days ago but don't have laminar jets so was hoping someone who does would respond. But I wanted to welcome you to TFP regardless.

My only suggestion at this point is o check with te comany who opened the pool because if they're like my former techs efore I started TFP and DIY, they're supposed to warrant anything tat breaks on closing. So if it worked before you closed, they closed it, and they opened it, but rights they'd normally fix it.

I suspect having those jets just right is a bit comp,ex so I'd ask them to fix it, but also to show you how tey fix it so that you're more familiar. Best wishes in getting it resolved, and enjoy your new pool!

At your pad is there a manifold loop with adjustment valves for each laminar? If so, you could try adjusting the other ones down to increase pressure to the jet in question.

At the beginning of the season I took the front part of mine off (10 or so Phillips screws) and cleaned out some leaves and bugs that were causing disturbances in the flow. I also disconnected the water line where the inline filter is and flushed the lines. I can't see either of these causing the restricted flow, but maybe. Hopefully you have enough slack in the water lines and electrical to pull the laminars out and lay them on the deck while you work on them.

Good of luck and let us know your results!

I found an adjustment screw on the actual laminar jet that, for whatever reason, became unadjusted during the winter. Took some time to get it adjusted since a tiny turn of the screw adjusted the jet flow height by multiple feet. I ended up just adjusting all 4 of them to match. Thanks for the reply. If I have a manifold like you described it's buried somewhere.

Reactions: Rbkirk
I found an adjustment screw on the actual laminar jet that, for whatever reason, became unadjusted during the winter. Took some time to get it adjusted since a tiny turn of the screw adjusted the jet flow height by multiple feet. I ended up just adjusting all 4 of them to match. Thanks for the reply. If I have a manifold like you described it's buried somewhere.

Mike I’m having the same issue, can you tell me where the adjustment screw is that you found?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.