Just finished slam, my numbers are wack!

Mar 21, 2017
Duncan, Oklhoma
I just finished my slam and my TA and CYA are all out of wack now. I don't know which products are best and cheapest so any help would be great.

FC 6
CC 0.5
PH 7.8
TA 220
CYA below 30 dot didn't disappear at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The total alkalinity confuses me because it says to only lower it if your PH is quickly rising, which its not and if you have calcium scaling and I don't. This is the first time I've done a test on everything in two months. I believe my ph was at 7.8 when I started the slam. Will adding muratic acid raise my PH? My slam lasted two months and it did involve replacing water. also, it rained a lot where I live throughout those two months. I assume that's the reason for low CYA.

Muriatic Acid (being an ACID) lowers pH.
**Remember back in High School biology class that the pH scale is from 0-->14. So with that in mind remember that 7 is neutral, anything lower than say 7 is acidic and anything from 8 to 14 is alkaline.**

pH and Alkalinity go hand in hand like buddies. If one is high, it tends to drag the other up along with it. And visa versa if low. But we know how to tweak the Alkalinity to be low with MA, and then use aeration to again raise the pH but *not* the alkalinity.

Cool chemistry in action in your backyard! Whoot! Whoot!

Maddie :flower:

Well I never took a chemistry class in high school! Lol. I opted for anatomy. I guess it would've been helpful after all. I'm sorry if I sound stupid I'm just new to everything you are talking about. I have no idea what aeration means. I know how to aerate my yard lol, but no idea on my pool.

Well I never took a chemistry class in high school! Lol. I opted for anatomy. I guess it would've been helpful after all. I'm sorry if I sound stupid I'm just new to everything you are talking about. I have no idea what aeration means. I know how to aerate my yard lol, but no idea on my pool.

Oh hun, I didn't mean you make you feel stupid... sorry! aeration means moving air. So you use a fountain or kids splashing or a sump pump to move water around so that it comes in and out of the pool and when it goes back into the pool with a bit of a splash, it causes a bit of a chemical gas reaction (sorry! more chemistry) which makes the pH go up again.

I did it once using both a sump pump and a fountain. I made the pH low using MA, which brought the TA down too. Then using the fountain and pump I made lots of little splashing bubbles that brought my pH back up (out of whack-range!) LOLIMG_0481.jpg See??

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.