Which LED bulb for this enclosure ?

Jan 31, 2017
Naples FL
Hi,

Trying to find which LED bulb i need to purchase for the following Hayward Enclosure. Basically the existing bulb is an incandescent 100w 12v R30 type. (according to the stickers that came off as i unscrewed the enclosure).. Unfortunately, the cord wasn't long enough to fully take the enclosure out and rest it on the side of the pool, so all the work is going to have to be done which standing in the pool, holding it above the water.. So i didn't take the bulb out, as i just wasn't prepared for the cord not being long enough... I'm assuming R30 is just like the regular shape of a typical recessed can flood light bulb, just cant' find one in the 12v flavor ! The pool is 5yrs old and i'd like to get a more efficient LED bulb for it, doesn't need to be a color changing one.. Just an equivalent light output to the existing 100w incandescent, just using a few watts rather than the full 100w !!

004.jpg

I've just done the math. To light up my pool 4hrs a night 7 nights a week, would cost me $20 per yr in electricity. So not even sure if its cost effective to go LED in this instance... Just look at it as an expensive (comparable to other lighting as everything is LED in my home) to make my pool look nice at night !

Plus the fact that i can't pull my enclosure out far enough to work on it at the side of the pool (grrrr mad that the pool company did this!!!), means i risk not being able to put everything back together, as i'd be just holding the enclosure above water while working.. and that's not an ideal environment !

I guess it still would be nice to leave it on all night and just not worry about the cost period ! so if a low cost bulb does exist, maybe i'll still give it a shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.