Hello from VA

retfr8flyr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2017
Providence Forge, VA
Just joined and thought I would do the introduction thing. My pool is a 14x32 fiberglass poll and I have had it for 16 years now. I have never had any problems with the pool itself, I have replaced the Hayward heater and the super pump but that's about all. This year when I opened it up, the filter line has a small air leak in it. The system will run fine on main drain or both but if I switch to just the filter line the pump will start cavitating, so no cleaning the pool with a normal suction side tool. At this time I definitely don't want to spend the thousands of dollars it would cost to replace this line. This led to searching for possible solutions and finding this forum. I plan on getting a robot cleaner and running the pool as is, with the valve in both and using the robot to do all the cleaning, I haven't found any information anywhere that his idea will not work. That's my story and I am enjoying looking at all the information available on this forum.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Actually, your plan is just fine. While it would be nice to eventually fine the culprit to that suction loss, many more pool owners today are passing on the suction/pressure line cleaner in lieu of a nice Robot or Dolphin-type product. They've come a long way. In either case, let us know if we can help in any way. Nice to have you with us at TFP.