Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiport Valve Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Multiport Valve Issues

Opened my pool today and I have a constant flow out of my discharge pipe when the multiport is set to filter. Tried going through backwash, rinse and waste, then back to filter but still have significant flow out of the discharge line. I also have a small leak at the base of the sand filter and the multiport inflow/outflow. Just wondering, do I need a new multiport or can I replace some internals and be fine. Not sure how old the multiport is. We have been here 12 years and never had an issue. So it is at least 13 years old. Including some pics. It is a Hayward but I can no longer make out much of anything on the valve. Any idea what model?

IMG_20170507_165323728.jpgIMG_20170507_165309975.jpgIMG_20170507_165314866.jpg
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Multiport Valve Issues

R,

Sounds like you are about to learn how to change out the Spider Gasket..

That is what I would have to assume the problem is anyway..

U-tube has several videos showing how.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Just looked on Youtube. Doesn't look too difficult. Thanks.
    33K, IG, vinyl liner, 15 years old (??), 20x40, 3-8 feet deep, Hayward pump 1.5 HP, Hayward S240 sand filter (300 lbs of sand), Dolphin Triton robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Also its possible the gasket isn't set right and just needs to be fixed in place along with some lube.
    16x32 Concrete IG 24k Gallons
    Equipment: Carvin 525sf Cartridge Filter, Jandy Gas Heater, Vortex Solar Panels w/solar valve, 1hp Hayward Pump with 3/4 HP AO Smith 2 Speed Replacement Motor, Aquarite Saltwater Cell, Polaris 280 Dolphin Active 20 Robot
    Automation: Hayward Prologic Controller

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

BTW- If that pressure gauge is showing 15psi when the pump is off, it is not working properly and needs to be replaced.

I use this gauge, excellent quality.

http://tftestkits.net/Pressure-Gauge...Mount-p77.html
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!