Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Service Life?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Service Life?

Hey all,

Just went to open the pool and it seems my stenner has died after 3 seasons of service. What type of life is everyone getting out of their stenners?
    25,000 gallon Concrete/Plaster Pool
    Pentair WFDS-26 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Quad DE 100 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 - In Service 05/26/2013
    K-2006 Test kit, Intermatic P1353me Digital Timer, Stenner 85MHP5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Service Life?

So your model is a 0.3 to 5 gal/day variable model? How many minutes a day were you running it?

Are there any other factors like is it exposed to chlorine fumes? Extreme heat or cold? How did it fail?

I am very curious about this so thanks in advance for any info/insight you can provide.
    Build Video 2016 -- Solar Pad 20.5K gunite (37'x15') rectangle (3.5'-7') deep-- MicroFusion Laguna finish -- Jandy VS pump, cartridge and iAqualink RS -- Polaris 360 Black -- 2 Laminar jets -- 2 nichless 30w color led -- 550sq/ft Heliocol solar -- Soft water auto fill -- Stenner 17gpd

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you tell us what failed? Was it the motor or something else?

My personal pump is about 4 years old and other than pump tubes, it's been flawless.
    I have experience with them in industrial applications and they have a decent life span.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I just installed mine, but have read you can purchase most any part of the motor/pump and they are fairly easy to repair. I would hope to get a few more than 3 years out of it before replacing the motor however.
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

5. Back To Top    #5

Bump... am ultra curious
    Build Video 2016 -- Solar Pad 20.5K gunite (37'x15') rectangle (3.5'-7') deep-- MicroFusion Laguna finish -- Jandy VS pump, cartridge and iAqualink RS -- Polaris 360 Black -- 2 Laminar jets -- 2 nichless 30w color led -- 550sq/ft Heliocol solar -- Soft water auto fill -- Stenner 17gpd

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry for the delay in responding everyone. I was busy with a few things. As it turns out the issue was with the electrical connection not putting out the proper power. It was addressed and the Stenner is working perfectly.

Still just as happy with it as the day I installed it. Quality addition to any trouble free pool owner's life
    25,000 gallon Concrete/Plaster Pool
    Pentair WFDS-26 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Quad DE 100 - Installed Spring 2012
    Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 - In Service 05/26/2013
    K-2006 Test kit, Intermatic P1353me Digital Timer, Stenner 85MHP5

7. Back To Top    #7

Good to hear and glad it is still working !
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the update, glad to hear.