Beaded liner question.. probably a stupid one ;-) PICS ADDED

Apr 27, 2009
Pensacola, FL
When we bought the pool they told me the liner was a beaded liner. From what I've read, when you have a beaded liner you do not have to remove the top rails to replace it. I was in the pool today and looked up under the top rail and I couldn't see any track (not sure what you call it) that the liner snaps into. I don't see how it could be replaced without taking the top rails off??? Are some different or is my liner not beaded ?? :?

Re: Beaded liner question.... probably a stupid one ;-)

Do you have a pic? Can you see the liner on the outside of the pool? <i.e. does it come over the walls on the outside>

Re: Beaded liner question.... probably a stupid one ;-)

Here is a pic from the outside of the pool and 2 from the inside... sorry kinda blurry.

Attachments

• 100_0419.JPG
    100_0419.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_0421.JPG
    100_0421.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_0420.JPG
    100_0420.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 360
There's a difference between a "beaded" liner and a "j-molded" liner - beaded is normally found in inground pools the bead is installed and the liner hangs from it.
A j-molded liner is what is used for fitted liners on an above ground pool - the J portion is welded to the liner and hangs over the top of the wall - and yes - you do have to remove the top rail to work on that since it holds the J in place. Problem is many people just call teh j molded liner a beaded liner - pool stores included and end up confusing the situation.

Yep, I had the same confusion when buying my "beaded liner". Knowing nothing about pools, I was told "with a beaded liner, you don't need to take off the top rail to replace it..." GREAT! Put it in the shopping cart! Well, it was a couple of weeks later that I found out I need a snap bead or something to hold that liner up on the wall to make it accessible from the bottom of the rail.

It could have worked on it's own as I purchased it, but I would not have been able to take it off without removing the top rails. I had to install the 'snap bead' or 'J-hook' top coping(?) first, then the "beaded" liner could snap into and out of this rail.

You also had to tear off the top layer, all the way around, of this beaded liner so that it can fit into this top rail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.