Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ok testing done finally

1. Back To Top    #1

Ok testing done finally

I have been slamming for a few days now and I finally think I am getting close. Woke up today and it was the first time I had a residual FC (2). Added more calcium hypo to bring back to proper levels and my cc was 1ppm. Once I get that to Below .5ppm how often does everyone test to maintain proper levels? My cya was 60. Water hardness was low (70)which is why I am using Cal hypo

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that I still need to do the overnight FC test to make sure that I am maintaining FC levels and such. I am going to aim towards 8ppm as maintenance levels.
    20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ok testing done finally

Screenshot_20170507-132228.jpg
    Good deal? I am not sure if it goes bad. Thoughts?
    20x40 40k vinyl pool, hayward pro series S220t sand filter with vacuum pump and pentair model 320 in line feeder. No clue as to what type of skimmers I have. Just got my k-2006 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Residual FC of 2? During a SLAM? What is your current CYA? Heck-post a full set of test results!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Calcium hardness is 70 cya of 60 I have slam level of fc to 28-30 and when I check every few hours it drops down to the teens and I readd chlorine to put it back between 28-30 range but overnight the first 2 nights I register 0 fc first test so today having 2fc was headed in the right direction. Cc was 5 when I first started and the water was black/green. I just retested now and fc was 19 so I am going to bump back to 28 and test again at dark

5. Back To Top    #5

Cc just hit .5ppm too

6. Back To Top    #6

Just retested

7. Back To Top    #7

First and foremost, WELCOME!!

Your numbers really don't look that bad. How does the water look??

8. Back To Top    #8

Not sure why my CC numbers jump around though. Was low earlier and it jumped up again during the evening test

9. Back To Top    #9

Vinyl pools don't need calcium. Too much calcium could also cause problems. Isn't bleach cheaper for the amount of FC you need for a SLAM?

And yes, bleach weakens over time and with heat/sun exposure. Consider that before buying a big honkin' supply of it.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool is milky opaque when I was brushing the sides and bottom getting a lot of green afterwards from the bloom I had. Today brushing did not alter it from chalky white or so

11. Back To Top    #11

I just bought 10 gallons of 10% for $45 from walmart. Through doheny I got 24 lbs of Cal hypo for $60ish

12. Back To Top    #12

Pool can be milky both from the calcium as well as dead algae. Hard to know which but the solution is filtering.

Keep up the SLAM!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

13. Back To Top    #13

Yeah I plan to hopefully get pool right and maybe next weekend clean my sand filter, top off the sand leveo if it is low (bought this house and pool last September so just getting my feet wet with maintenance) the previous owners said they just never turned the filter off the pressure guage on the filter is currently inoperable but I have a replacement. That should allow me to have a consistent baseline for back washing. I am also thinking really hard about a poolskim since it appears to be extremely effective