Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaking backwash hose.

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaking backwash hose.

Good day. Just getting my pool ready and seem to have a leaking backwash hose, in both filter and bypass. From what I've read that would indicate a spider gasket problem? Can anyone help me get the right thing by telling me which number on the list I need? Or which part number or something to help.

Parts for Sta-Rite Top Mount Valve Parts, Pentair Multiport, Swimming Pool Valve Parts

Also, the hole where I screw the pressure gauge has a small crack. I've ignored it for 3 years now, but just wondering if I could get this to solve both problems at once?

StaRite WC112 Multiport Valve Plug and Cover Assembly, 77704-0104

Thanks for all your help.

23K gallon, vinyl liner, 1hp pump, 300 lb sand filter, Fafco solar panels, jandy lite 2 heater, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaking backwash hose.

23K gallon, vinyl liner, 1hp pump, 300 lb sand filter, Fafco solar panels, jandy lite 2 heater, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That should do the job. Be sure you put some silicon pool lube on the o-ring before you install the new multiport valve.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. That's great to know.