Acid eating beauty....

Jun 13, 2016
Locust Grove, GA
Hey everyone....second season with the pool now and have had nothing but crystal clear water from day one since becoming a TFP follower....

Yet, I can't seem to get a handle on the pH. It wants to stay high all the time no matter how much acid I feed it. TA is right at 100 at the moment, but have always kept it in the 80-100 range. All other chemistry is normal range.

This is a 42k gallon swg gunite/quartzscapes finish built last spring. Am I doomed to feeding this thing a gallon of acid per day for the rest of my life?

01be172b907855ab452a1da2e9175fb5.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MD,

When you add MA are you shooting for 7.2 or 7.6? Most saltwater pools like their pH around 7.8...

Lowering your TA, using the link that OTPirate provided above, works well for me...

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My swg pool rides right around 7.8 like JR said above. I've been trying to reduce my TA from 140 to 70 by getting my ph to 7.2 and aerating. It's just not working for me. So I'm just moving on and living with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read it as 7.6 as well OTPirate.

MolarDog - start by lowering your TA to around 50 as recommended above. Do that in conjunction with keeping the pool around 7.6-7.8 and I think you'll find your acid demand drops quite a bit.

Keep in mind your pool is also still kind of "new" and some will take a year or so to finish curing.

Don't try borates until after your TA/pH have been stable a while. If you do it too early they become harder to manage if you need to change something.

Maddie :flower:

(and I know you didn't ask but... you need a FAS-DPD tester. So you can test chlorine >5ppm)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.