Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are you on the fence about going to TFP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are you on the fence about going to TFP?

I have been around pools all my life. Found TFP last year after installing a new pool. I went back and forth to the pool store questioning myself and my Taylor 2006. Finally through the advice of many here I said "David you need to trust your own results and quit going in there." I opened this year to clear water over a month ago. My water has been heated from 82-90 after the first week.

I have added absolutely nothing but Muriatic acid to keep my PH in check with my SWG. This morning my test results are

FC 7
    CC 0
    PH 7.6
    TA 80
    CYA 70
    CH 220
    Borates 30-50

This is the results and what a TFP looks like Thanks again to all who have given advice and made this forum the best on the net! Can you spot the dime on the pool floor?

IMG_1469.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Little better picture...Yes Im bragging
    IMG_1468.jpg
    7000k Viking fiberglass Bermuda, Sand filter w/glass, Pentair SuperfloVS, Pentair IC20 swg
    Raypak 106k, Dolphin s-200, Taylor k-2006c, Taylor k-1766, Speedstir, Little Giant cover pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Are you on the fence about going to TFP?

That is a beautiful pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by OTPirate View Post
    That is a beautiful pool!
    Thanks, I am a testing addict. I get frustrated because I cant find anything to change. LOL, I test everyday hoping I can add acid, adjust my SWG"s timer or something.
    7000k Viking fiberglass Bermuda, Sand filter w/glass, Pentair SuperfloVS, Pentair IC20 swg
    Raypak 106k, Dolphin s-200, Taylor k-2006c, Taylor k-1766, Speedstir, Little Giant cover pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Love hearing this... fabulous looking pool!

Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice job!

Using TFP method as well, just back from 20 day vacation and pool looked great. Only pH needed lowering (like you my pH loves to creep up), but otherwise crystal clear.

Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

6. Back To Top    #6

I think I'm pretty much committed at this point! Good job~!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
    Nice job!

Using TFP method as well, just back from 20 day vacation and pool looked great. Only pH needed lowering (like you my pH loves to creep up), but otherwise crystal clear.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    How did you add chlorine during the time you were away?

Thanks!

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by mwalling View Post
    How did you add chlorine during the time you were away?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He has a salt water chlorine generator so it's mainly hands off as long as nothing increases chlorine demand and it's set to run at the right percentage for the right amount of time.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by triptyx View Post
    He has a salt water chlorine generator so it's mainly hands off as long as nothing increases chlorine demand and it's set to run at the right percentage for the right amount of time.
    Ah! Should have looked at the sig line....wish The PB hadn't steered my away from one!

Matt- IG gunite pool and spa built Summer 2016: 32' x 20' overall with two 4' x 8' tanning ledges. 6'x6' attached spa with spillover. Depth 3' to 5' to 4'. 16.4K gal. Lueders Limestone retaining wall and coping. Equip: Pentair SVRS vari. speed pump. Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter. Pentair Kreepy Crawly Plat. cleaner. Pentair MasterTemp 400,000 BTU NG heater. 1.5 HP spa air blower. Nature2 Sanitizer. Taylor K-206C. My 2016 Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Absolutely beautiful Pyrodav, but you might want to put a little water in there! JK! You are now a mad scientist with sparkliepoolitis!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful Pyrodav, but you might want to put a little water in there! JK! You are now a mad scientist with sparkliepoolitis!
    Sparkliepoolitis is a real thing...if you have a TFP Who in their right mind would just stare at water?

12. Back To Top    #12

I don't think there's any water in that pool.

36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

13. Back To Top    #13

Wow! Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

Ok.... you've graduated... time for you to start answering posts from folks who haven't yet experienced the sparkle that TFP pools provide!

And dang.. he's even already got a Dolphin!

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

15. Back To Top    #15

The water in that pool is Sparkalicious. Good job.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by mwalling View Post
    Ah! Should have looked at the sig line....wish The PB hadn't steered my away from one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SWG has been one of the better decisions. I could have gone with chlorine dispensing unit but didn't like the idea of handling chlorine to refill it. Had a neighbor who used one and said each time he had to fill his he had to put on a set of old clothes as he knew he'd get some splashing on his clothes leaving white dots. My pool though just loves to raise the pH, so that's probably the side effect of having SWG or perhaps still being a newer pool finish - time will tell.
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
    SWG has been one of the better decisions. I could have gone with chlorine dispensing unit but didn't like the idea of handling chlorine to refill it. Had a neighbor who used one and said each time he had to fill his he had to put on a set of old clothes as he knew he'd get some splashing on his clothes leaving white dots. My pool though just loves to raise the pH, so that's probably the side effect of having SWG or perhaps still being a newer pool finish - time will tell.
    Definitely from being a new plaster pool, and possibly also from SWG although I have very little pH movement with my SWG. Probably because I run it on such a low setting.

The new plaster will cure and you should notice a lessening in having to add MA. Lets hope, at least! LOL

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

18. Back To Top    #18

Adding a SWG really isn't that difficult. I'd say around $200 labor on top of the unit. 1hr for the plumber, 1hr for the electrician.

19. Back To Top    #19

That is one gorgeous pool!!

15'x30' oval AGP, 52" depth (approx. 10,600 gallons)
    Pentair Sand Dollar Top Mount Filter (sand)
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP pump