Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin DX6 Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin DX6 Issue

Went to use my Dolphin DX6 for the first time this season and it will not power up. The power supply turned on for about 2 seconds then went off and will not power on at all. is there something i can fix myself and check for or does it look like the power supply is no good? Is it worth fixing or just get another one? i have had it for about 4 years now. Thanks
    27' Radiant Metric, 17,100 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5hp 220v
    Circupool RJ45, Sand Filter, Borates
    Dolphin DX6 Robotic cleaner
    TF 100 Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin DX6 Issue

Sounds like a power supply issue to me. If you pull it apart and nothing is obviously wrong inside that can be easily fixed, then you are stuck getting a replacement. New they are $200, so you have to weigh that against buying a new robot.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dolphin DX6 Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang View Post
    Sounds like a power supply issue to me. If you pull it apart and nothing is obviously wrong inside that can be easily fixed, then you are stuck getting a replacement. New they are $200, so you have to weigh that against buying a new robot.
    Thanks for the reply and i figured it would probably be that. And yes the question now is buy a power supply or something else.
    27' Radiant Metric, 17,100 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5hp 220v
    Circupool RJ45, Sand Filter, Borates
    Dolphin DX6 Robotic cleaner
    TF 100 Kit