Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long to wait to add conditioner after ph downb dry acid ?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long to wait to add conditioner after ph downb dry acid ?

Hello, and thank you
    I just took my water to test today and they told me my ph was high and 0 chorine, so I should add dry acid, then conditioner and then shock. So far I have added ph down and it has 2 tabs in the floater however I don't know when it's safe to add the conditioner? And after that how long should I wait to shock?
    Confuseeed!!:/
    Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long to wait to add conditioner after ph downb dry acid ?

Welcome to TFP, good to have you here

You can add conditioner 24 hrs after adding dry acid.

You'll get the most from this site by following Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC). I enjoyed this primer thread when I started out: TFPC for Beginners
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How long to wait to add conditioner after ph downb dry acid ?

Adrian,

We are a little different than most pool websites as we would rather decide for ourselves what to add to our pools, rather than being told by the Pool $tore what to add to our pools.

Most of us test our own pool water and then use the Pool Math (link a the top of this page) to determine what needs to happen for us to have a clean, sanitized, and crystal clear pool.

Most of us do not use "tabs" nor do we have to "shock" our pools on a routine basis.

It all starts with testing your own water with an accurate test kit. Look around this site and read this... https://www.troublefreepool.com/cont...at-is-tfpc-bbb

Once you have had a chance to learn what we do to keep our pools so clean and clear, let us know if you are interested in coming over from the dark side of Pool $tore maintenance...

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.