Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,

I opened my pool today found it like this

Pic 1.jpg

Drove to the pool store and the guy sold me shock 4 bags 1 pound each (4 lbs)

Pic 2.jpg

Told me to add this directly into my pool... (not my filter) and run my pump for 24 hrs... check ph, alkalinity etc.

I'm hoping in a day it will clear up ... if not ... next step would be ? to re shock (4 bags) run pump for 24 hours recheck?

thanks for any input

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I opened my pool today found it like this

Drove to the pool store and the guy sold me shock 4 bags 1 pound each (4 lbs)

Told me to add this directly into my pool... (not my filter) and run my pump for 24 hrs... check ph, alkalinity etc.

I'm hoping in a day it will clear up ... if not ... next step would be ? to re shock (4 bags) run pump for 24 hours recheck?

thanks for any input

Sorry for my previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there

With over 100 posts on TFP, you must know we would never advise that :) Can you post up a full set of chemical test results?

I realize i should not have asked a pool store for advise but i was scared

- - - Updated - - -

Not funny!

wasn't trying to be funny.. was asking for advise

You need to decide if you want to take care of your pool our reccomended way or the pool store way.

Our answer would be that what you said your plan is not the reccomended course of action.

You need to decide if you want to take care of your pool our reccomended way or the pool store way.

Our answer would be that what you said your plan is not the reccomended course of action.

I realize i should not have asked a pool store for advise but i was scared
I want to take care of my pool the TFP way

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a TFT test kit ... However .. it's 10:00 pm here ... I work at 7:00am so ... I'll post test results asap

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Got home from work to find my pool leaking...grey Pipe is cracked. Could not get air out of pump glass afraid of burning up my pump... Tues I'll get a new hose and post water tests. Hoping return won't freeze overnight... Low of 34
a1e681bbf3b867ce4232ce93cb1a3bda.jpg

Testing now with TFT test kit TF - 100

Would it make sense that when I test for chlorine (chlorine tube filled to 10ml) I get a result of 19.5 .... Is my R-0870 powder bad ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.