New Pool Owner and New to the Forum

Apr 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello,

I'm Brian from the Cincinnati, OH area. My wife and I have two kids, 11 and 4, and have just opened our new pool for the third season! I will admit I was against getting a pool at first, thinking they were tons of work, and that I would be cleaning it, and adding chemicals, more than I would be enjoying it. Boy was I wrong! She has a friend that recommended getting a salt pool set up and how much less maintenance there was involved. I have to say, it was the best decision we made for our family. We have a blast all summer long. I finally decided to join the site and save myself some sanity, not to mention money at the pool store!

I want to give a huge thanks to the members of this forum for the plethora of information. It has already got me out of a very discouraging situation when we had our pool flood with silt! With a little patience and posts I read, we were back to swimming in a week! The TF-100 kit I purchased was so easy to use, I now realize I shouldn't have been so intimidated. Easy to follow instructions and clear labeling made my first test a breeze.

Thanks for letting me be a part, and hopefully gain enough knowledge that I can eventually contribute!

Thanks again,

Brian