Where to look?

slawton

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 14, 2009
Muskegon, Michigan
What is the best way to look at your chemicals when testing (I use theTF-100 test kit)? Do you hold them toward the sky, put a white piece of paper behind them, look at them in the garage, outside by the pool....?

The colors seem to be slightly different dependent upon what the test is being held up to. Just wondering if there is a standard procedure that is recommended.

Thanks!

Color matching, such as the PH test, should be done indirect sunlight either against the northern sky or a white background. If doing the test indoors you really want to use a sunlight simulator. Indoors, you can kind of get away with a brightly lit white sheet of paper, but the results won't be as accurate.

I use the north eastern sky mainly for my pool pH and when I check my neighbor's pool pH, I use the other neighbor's white house.

I hold the pH tube up against a roll of white paper towels. There are times when the difference between 7.5 and 7.8 seems a little fuzzy but since water within that range is fine I tend not to sweat it.

Those yellows though for the chlorine? Forget it. They look all the same to me. I'm so happy for the pink-to-clear test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.