Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think my filter is dying.

1. Back To Top    #1

I think my filter is dying.

I have a 24x52 Intex ultra frame pool and the filter that came with it. The last few days, when I went out to check it in the morning, it wasn't moving any water and the gauge was up in the yellow. I would backwash it and it seemed to run fine after. But then the next morning, the same thing was happening. Does that sound like it's on its last legs?

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: I think my filter is dying.

Actually, it sounds like it is working just fine. It is capturing debris from your pool and that debris causes your pressure to rise.

Can you post test results? I imagine you have a lack of chlorine
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

led,

No, it sounds like your filter is doing what it should. Cleaning all the dead stuff out of your water.

When algae starts, even of not visible right away, it can quickly fill a small filter.

How are you chlorinating your pool? If using 3" tabs or pucks, that could be the reason.

But no one here can tell you what's up if you don't post a full set of data.

FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was low on chlorine.

Fc - 2
    Ph - 7.5
    Ta - 60
    Ch - 70
    cya - 50

Intex Ultra Frame 24x52 AGPIntex sand filter #128645HTH 6-way test kitPool was built and filled week of 6/24/16