Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long did your tile take?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long did your tile take?

and did you have free form or geometric? Ours is taking FOREVER. He started on 4/24 and still isn't finished with the pool or put any tile on the spa. We asked the project manager about it and he said it is because it is a rectangular pool. We're just getting 3x3 water line tile and mosaic glass on the spa. It's a raised spa if that matters.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long did your tile take?

Water line tile + spa tile + half spa facing the pool tile + stacked stone veneer on remaining half spa + flagstone coping = about 4 days work for a crew of 4 guys (2 doing stone work, 2 doing tile work). My pool is 93 linear feet.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

My water line tile was done in a day and half and mine is free form around 95-100 linear feet. My stone was about 1 day and half and they haven't started my spa yet. Mine was done by 1 man so......
    current build<--free form gunite 34x21 18k gallons 4ft-7ft deep,Pentair 3HP VSP, wisperflo 2hp, 520 cartridge filter, 400k heater, ez touch 8 with screen logic, ic40 swg. 4ft sheer decent, 2 led deck jets, 5 globrite leds,rock spa waterfall. Mocha travertine deck, noche coping. Tropics blue custom mix with LOTS of beads and shells

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Big Will View Post
    My water line tile was done in a day and half and mine is free form around 95-100 linear feet. My stone was about 1 day and half and they haven't started my spa yet. Mine was done by 1 man so......
    Yea mine is one guy too. It just seemed like he was working a lot for such little outcome and I was afraid he din't know what he was doing. But I'm finally seeing the hot tub tile going up! Everyone told me it took one day for tile. 2 weeks with nothing on the hot tub seemed strange.

thanks for the replies

5. Back To Top    #5

Probably doesn't answer your question but here in Europe they are used to tiling the complete pool. Mine took 3 days start to finish.

Four guys turned upon Friday finished on Sunday to add to the job heavy rain in the week before effected our mains water supply (leak in road about 1K away cut off our urbanization supply) but to the tilers credit they coped by transporting buckets of water from another location in buckets in their van!

Its a 9x4.5m rectangular pool so the shape helped.

These are Spanish Vidrepur glass tiles - they come in 30cm squares. They are available in the US.
    The paper is peeled off after the glue has set and then grouted in.

Fantastic colour at the end of the project.

64m3 (17K US gallons) 9m x 4.5m fully tiled (Vidrepur) pool. Viron P320 eVo variable speed pump, Concept Plus Smart PH E SW chlorinator, Astral filter (Activated Glass), 2x LED controllable lights. Solar cover installed and solar heating plumbing installed for later installation of collectors.