Need advice on disabling popups

Ave

May 6, 2017
Las Vegas/NV
Hello everyone, I have a popup system that has one pipe in the middle surrounded by 6 other pipes that all feed into popup rotation valve thing(I have tried to google the name but coming up empty, please help). It doesn't work cause the gears inside are all busted and the result is that every popup is on at the same time.

There is no shut off valve for pop up system, so I'm wondering if there is any other way to disable it, I was thinking by plugging one of those pipes coming up from the ground might do it? But I have no idea how it works, I assume the water enters from the middle and is diverted to one of the six other pipes for the popups? does that sound right? Well any advice would be great, thank you.

You're talking about this?
Woodberg-InFloorValve.jpg

Do you have any other returns in the pool, or only the popups? Because the water has to have somewhere to go when it leaves the filter. Capping the feed pipe won't be possible if that's it. Are you sure there are no valves that you can just turn to switch flow from wall returns to popup? Are things automated? Motorized valves can usually be manually overridden.

Update: some quick googling leads me to believe that a rebuild kit with seals and gears is only $60-80 online.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about it, there are two returns at both ends of the pool, but there's only one pipe leaving the filter and it goes strait into the ground and doesn't come up at any other point besides the popup cluster valve thing. I've looked everywhere for some kind of access panel for a shut off lever but I don't believe it has one.

60 bucks isn't bad, had a guy come out and said it would be 400 to replace, can you point me in the right direction for a rebuild kit?

Edit* I found a model number on the side of it, can't rebuild it I guess cause its a completely enclosed module which goes for 170, still would rather just disable it completely though and clean it with a vacuum.

A picture of the water distribution valve and of your equipment pad (from a couple different angles) may help us to better advise you.

If you have the infloor water distribution valve and returns, there should be a way to switch between the two. You mentioned you found a model number - what is it? Does the feed pipe - from the filter - come in at the top or bottom?

I do know that on the A&A Manufacturing water valve, you can take the guts out of it and it will flow freely through all ports at once. A rebuild kit for that one is about $100.

A picture of the water distribution valve and of your equipment pad (from a couple different angles) may help us to better advise you.

If you have the infloor water distribution valve and returns, there should be a way to switch between the two. You mentioned you found a model number - what is it? Does the feed pipe - from the filter - come in at the top or bottom?

I do know that on the A&A Manufacturing water valve, you can take the guts out of it and it will flow freely through all ports at once. A rebuild kit for that one is about $100.

It looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/Paramount-Module-Valve-Shell-004302440800/dp/B008NGC79K .. All the pipes come in at the bottom. I tried opening up the module, but its seems impossible to take apart without destroying it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.