Extension cord for Aquabot S2 40...

That is a very unusual plug configuration and I have worked on equipment all over the world. It might be proprietary. The round pin is what makes it so different.

Have you tried contacting Aquabot to see if they have anything?

I did try and search the web for something like that without success

tfp,

As long as none of this will be near the water, what I would do is just buy a standard extension cord and a male and female connector that can fit on either end of the extension cord. Cut the existing cable going to the robot about two feet from the power supply end, and attach one of the standard ends.. At the now bare wire end from the robot attach the other standard end. Insert the extension cord in between and you are done.

Jim R.

At the now bare wire end from the robot attach the other standard end

Hmm cutting and attaching bare wires (especially for an outdoor cable).. dunno

Unless I can find a cord that fits, I may end up just moving the psu closer to the pool, and hiding it in a little box. I want to leave the thing outside all the time, so I wouldn't mind leaving the psu next to the pool, as long as it could survive the 110 degree heat/sun (so would need some kind of shelter)

tfp,

As long as none of this will be near the water, what I would do is just buy a standard extension cord and a male and female connector that can fit on either end of the extension cord. Cut the existing cable going to the robot about two feet from the power supply end, and attach one of the standard ends.. At the now bare wire end from the robot attach the other standard end. Insert the extension cord in between and you are done.

Jim R.

Not the best idea, I tried looking up what voltage was going to the head unit but found nothing.

I am presuming that it is not 120V and installing a 120V type plug could lead someone to plug in accidently into a wall socket sending 120V into the head.

There is a reason why it is a proprietary type plug, normally it is for safety

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm cutting and attaching bare wires (especially for an outdoor cable).. dunno

Unless I can find a cord that fits, I may end up just moving the psu closer to the pool, and hiding it in a little box. I want to leave the thing outside all the time, so I wouldn't mind leaving the psu next to the pool, as long as it could survive the 110 degree heat/sun (so would need some kind of shelter)[/COLOR]

I agree, even though they do make water tight fittings.... I would still try calling Aquabot for their input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.