Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SLAM nearly complete- question on FC drift down

1. Back To Top    #1

SLAM nearly complete- question on FC drift down

FC-16, CC-0 will start monitoring the PH, others when levels are at normal

Slam nearly complete after 7 days of adjusting and monitoring. Starting OCLT now. If clear in AM I'm done. Oh Happy Days.

Question-
    Drift down to normal levels- Do I wait till FC is below 5-7 to start adding Chlorine back in? Or should I add maybe half to 1/4 as much chlorine as required for shock level and ease it back that way?

It's been a chore, but, I have learned a good bit

I do have some staining and will start on that when I get the SLAM completed. I'll test to see if it is organic or metal when the rain stops tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input on my other post concerning the slam.
    Jarhead
    Approx. 19Kgal, Grecian 16'x32',IG Vinyl, Built 2-2001Sta-rite sand filter (T-200BP-1), pump/motor Hayward-continuous-3450rpm, 1HP. Polaris 380, (I rebuilt 2016), PB4-60Q booster pump 2007 replaced. Old pool cover will need replacing at end of season. City water. Hope liner last till summer of 2019

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: SLAM nearly complete- question on FC drift down

The goal is to not allow it to drop below the minimum for you CYA. The target is where aim when you add (chart in sig for both). If you are new to your pool, testing every day for a couple weeks is good, relaxing that as you "learn" your pool.
    32K gallon Plaster - CircuPool SJ-55 SWG - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL/K-1766
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart - Support TFP

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SLAM nearly complete- question on FC drift down

Thanks
    I'll let it drop until I get to target level 5-7 for cya of 40 in my case before adding any chlorine . Then monitor daily
    Approx. 19Kgal, Grecian 16'x32',IG Vinyl, Built 2-2001Sta-rite sand filter (T-200BP-1), pump/motor Hayward-continuous-3450rpm, 1HP. Polaris 380, (I rebuilt 2016), PB4-60Q booster pump 2007 replaced. Old pool cover will need replacing at end of season. City water. Hope liner last till summer of 2019