Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Chlorine Online?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Chlorine Online?

What type/brand of chlorine should I buy and where to get the best deal? Online? I just ordered my TF-100 tester : )
    Thanks!
    Bestway AG Vinyl Oval
    18' x 9' x 48" ~ 3,548 Gallons
    Sand Filter & Solar Heater
    Elite Spa 86" x 87" ~ 350 Gallons
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Chlorine Online?

You should not buy any chlorine online. You should be using liquid chlorine which would be prohibitively high cost to ship.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Liquid chlorine weighs 8 lbs a gallon so shipping it in anything less than pallet quantities is not going to happen. Since you are in California if you can find a HASA dealer with returnable liquid chlorine totes that might be your best price.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath

4. Back To Top    #4

I use bleach from Costco or Chlorine from Home Depot.

If buying from HD, check the date of manufacture on the box, get fresh chlorine only because they store it outside which degrades it.
    Date is a code with days (001 to 365) and year
    25,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 336k BTU low nox RP 2100 gas heater, Pentair CCP520 520 sq ft Cart filter, Max-Flo VS2303VSP pump, diy control and automation system

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Hayward H200FDN heater, diy control and automation system

5. Back To Top    #5

Start here: http://www.hasapool.com/dealer_locator_hasa.php

You'll pay a deposit on the crate and jugs, but after that it's usually cheapest and the stuff is fresh

Also watch the sales. OSH usually has a big sale on pool chlorine. Check the date codes before you buy. It'll be stamped on the case somewhere. Chlorine Date Code Decoder/Easy Way to Measure Strength.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

OSH just had a sale on KemTek 10% pool chlorine last week. Two gallons for $4.99! I had to dig through two hole pallet stacks to find fresh product though. They had some with a date code of Jan 3rd.

Fortunately I found some with April 2nd, so not too old.
    Pool size: 20,000 Gallon Plaster Pool, Pump: Hayward Tristar VS SP3202VSP, Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320
    Polaris 280 Pressure side cleaner, Solar cover, Pentair Amerilite LED pool light, Taylor K-2006C test kit