Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First test results post slam

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face First test results post slam

With the SLAM successful (OCLT passed) and FC having dropped below 10, I have just been able to obtain my first full set of results. With the TA, I understand that I will have to monitor the rate at which my PH rises, before deciding whether to aim for a lower TA. How fast is unacceptable?

FC 8.5 (UV and 24/7 pump use is lowering this to 5)
    CYA 35
    PH. 7.4
    TA. 130
    CH 120
    Cc. 0.5

All ok?
    Loving my SpeedStir btw!
    In ground hydrotherapy pool in wooden cabin. Oil heater for water temp 89f. Poly Bloc construction using high temp liner. 9'9" square x 3'8" deep, 2700 gallons. Hayward MaxFlo XL pump, model SP2310XE161 0.97hp. Waterco Multicyclone 12 Plus Centrifugal Filter, guage reads 16psi. Certikin Skimmer with floating collar Weir. Spectrum UV light, Calorex 33 dehumidifier and 2 radiators in cabin. Taylor K2006C test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First test results post slam

The rate of TA drop is more how tired you get of daily additions than any rule. It's going to take the same amount of acid whether you let the pH climb naturally or if you force it with a lot of aeration. Do you want to mess with it daily, or devote a weekend to it and be done with it?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    The rate of TA drop is more how tired you get of daily additions than any rule. It's going to take the same amount of acid whether you let the pH climb naturally or if you force it with a lot of aeration. Do you want to mess with it daily, or devote a weekend to it and be done with it?
    At what rate will pH will climb by itself? I'm not sure I can provide much aeration, so I'll select my option on that basis, thanks. What TA should I be aiming for?
    In ground hydrotherapy pool in wooden cabin. Oil heater for water temp 89f. Poly Bloc construction using high temp liner. 9'9" square x 3'8" deep, 2700 gallons. Hayward MaxFlo XL pump, model SP2310XE161 0.97hp. Waterco Multicyclone 12 Plus Centrifugal Filter, guage reads 16psi. Certikin Skimmer with floating collar Weir. Spectrum UV light, Calorex 33 dehumidifier and 2 radiators in cabin. Taylor K2006C test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Pools can behave differently but you can expect it to climb regularly until you work your TA down and then it should slow down.

Have a look at this link for Recommended levels
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, I'll let the pH climb to 7.8 and keep knocking it back to 7.2, aiming for a TA of 90, but re-assessing this figure as I go.

After more reading here, I retested TA, wiping the bottle tip after each drop.

TA is actually 120