New and Want to Make Sure I'm on the Right Path

Jun 23, 2016
Millville, NJ
Relatively new to pools and TFP in general. Was wondering if someone could take a look at my numbers and see if there's anything I should be paying attention to that I am missing.

PH = 8.0+ seems like I am constantly dumping Muriatic acid in. Probably using 2-3 gallons a week. Not sure if that is normal.

Trying to get the FC up. Using SWG.

b1f25dc969b11d9217f5095ab8426fff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a little odd that your TA is climbing ... have you been adding fill water?

With a SWG running and the TA at that level, the pH is going to be constantly driven up. If you got the TA down to 50-60ppm or so, the pH rise might slow down.

You also do not want to lower your pH down to 7.4, see the low CSI? Your pH might be happier up around 7.8

Thanks, May 1st was the day after opening the pool this year. The company that opened the pool vacuumed to waste the entire thing, so I did have to add fill water of about 6-8" to get it back up to the skimmer mark. Is the CSI in a good place?

Your CSI has been all over the map ... should be kept between -0.6 and +0.6
And for a SWG pool, you want to stay a little in the negative to lower the scale production in the cell

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.