Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward blue essence trouble

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward blue essence trouble

I have a Hayward blue essence salt chlorinator that is just over a year old. Today I found it with no display and no light. Seems it's totally without power. I tested the breaker and the wires coming attached to the board and it's good. The fuse is good but there is no power at the fuse that I can tell. Is there someway to narrow down the culprit? Any help appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward blue essence trouble

Welcome to TFP!

Turn off the SWG and remove the board for the display and reinstall it. Sometimes this helps when there is a bad connection.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward blue essence trouble

I believe they have 3 year warranties? Certainly more than a year I believe. I had my friend install that model about a year ago.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.