Question on shocking

Wild Duk said:
Is this right....If I'm aiming for a shock level of 24 ppm, should I keep adding the right amount of bleach to bring me up to 24, and have it hold.....And if so, how long.....
It depends on why you are shocking but yes, you usually want to maintain the shock level.
If you are fighting algae you want to keep the pool at shock level until the algae is dead, there is no CC on testing and the FC is holding overnight. If you are not an early riser to test your pool at sunrise then just shock for a day or two past when the algae appears dead and there is no CC on testing. :wink:
If you are shocking to get rid of CC ONLY then you want to shock and let the level drop. It takes time and sunlight to get rid of all the CC. If there is any left after the
FC had dropped a bit then shock again. Some people will keep it at shock level until all the CC is gone but it often is not necessary to do so, IMHO. It's going to take a day no matter what.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.