Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Special steps to replace corroded Niche ring?

1. Back To Top    #1

Special steps to replace corroded Niche ring?

My Niche ring has corroded due to poor water balance a few years back. I bought a replacement ring for my inground Pentair wet niche (Ring).

I'm just wondering about the removal and insertion of the 10 screws that hold it. Is this a repair I should do dry or is it ok to do under water?
    Just worried about the water being forced through the holes and getting behind the pool wall and liner.

Any guidance appreciated.

Ed.
    Pool: 16x32 inground (2011) Experience: Some - With a previous above ground, learning with my brandnew pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Special steps to replace corroded Niche ring?

First, you have to pull out the light. Disconnect at junction box, tie string on cord and pull through.

The ring can be replaced under water, but there's always some risk of things going wrong.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Special steps to replace corroded Niche ring?

Thanks James! I totally wasn't thinking I'd have to pull the light out, but I obviously will to get the new ring in place. The job got bigger but you saved me the last minute panic on needing to re-run the light.
    Pool: 16x32 inground (2011) Experience: Some - With a previous above ground, learning with my brandnew pool