Can't anyone design a decent telepole?

I have multiple poles, one is extended to the length I want & stays at that length
2nd one is set shorter & used for shallow end
3rd pole I picked up for free from someone & haven't used it yet
I've found its much easier to switch between the 2 poles then try to adjust them
I've had the same long pole since we moved in 9 years ago

singerteacher said:
My daughter just got fiberglass splinters when she used the pole, so we need to find a solution.

I know I've seen extension poles with a large foam grip covering part of it. That's what I'd really like, but don't know where to buy it. Now I'm thinking maybe I can buy a padded wrap in a sporting goods store? I always use it extended, and don't need to collapse it, so a thicker wrap is fine.

Any ideas?

I'd suggest hockey stick tape if you want to get something at a sports store, or a clear aerosol rattle can finish like lacquer if a hardware store is nearby. Paste wax is reccomended by some ladder manufacturers for 'blooming' and thats what I used on my pool filter cartrige housing last spring.

I solved the problem of the extension pole slipping by putting two band clamps around the plastic tightening nut. The nut will expand just enough to allow the extension to slip and it was annoying me. The clamps keep the nut from expanding. They don't need to be very tight just firm and they prevent the pole from moving with only a little tightening of the nut. In fact it's easy to over tighten if you are not careful.
[attachment=0:1ud6de21]clamps.jpg[/attachment:1ud6de21]

Attachments

• clamps.jpg
    clamps.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 124
:cool:I have the same problem. I have 3 different poles and all slip, even the expensive fiberglass one that I bought about 5 years ago. here is what I did:
-align the length of the pole to the maximum length you need.
-drill a 5/16" dia hole thru the pole(s) at a spot about 4" up from the twist handle.
-get a cotter pin 1/4" dia. (total dia so the pin is about 1/8")
-slide it thru the hole and twist the ends over.
-enjoy no more slipping.

Enjoy the end of frustration.

Reactions: RubiconValley
I really like the Oreq poles.

The have both an external and internal locking cam to keep them from slipping while vacuuming.

Oreq

I haven't used the animal line but the Mako, and Gorilla models are awesome.

I'd avoid fiberglass they tend to bend easy and the fiberglass splinters suck. They work for the first year but eventually start to break down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.