baqua - digitalocean

May 2, 2017
Lawrenceburg
Can someone explain exactly what Baqua is? I always though it was simply a name brand. I have used Baqaucil products last year, such as their Total Alkalinity and calcium hardness before finding the TFP method. Or is Baqua a different method of sanitizing your pool without chlorine? I'm only asking because this is my first year doing TFP method, and I also did not change out my sand. However, it was changed last year while I was using dichlor pucks.

First off, WELCOME!

What did you use to sanitize your water? Did you use the Baquacil Sanitizer and Oxidizer or did you use chlorine??

Good morning! Sorry for the red angry face in the title, not 100% sure how I added that! ... Never the less, I used chlorine. We used to buy 50lb buckets of 3" tablets and used an inline feeder that had a dial from 0 to 10 to determine how much to add to the pool.

No worries. Anything with Baqua warrants that face. :)

Baquacil system uses Biguanide and Hydrogen Peroxide rather than using Chlorine. Had you have used the system you'd have to convert to chlorine.

The company also slapped their name on other products such as CH increased and such that's simply the same product as for chlorine, only at an upcharge. Changing your sand is not needed in your case.

Congratulations on seeing the light and joining us.

A few thoughts...

1) Stop with the pucks until you know your current CYA level, if you haven't already.
2) Get a proper test kit. Odds are enormous that you won't find one of the recommended kits in stock locally.
3) Baqua Alkalinity Increaser is just repackaged overpriced baking soda. You got reamed.
4) With a vinyl-lined pool, you don't need Calcium. The pool store that sold it to you was just emptying your wallet to fill theirs.

With a good test kit, pool school, poolmath, and us, you should be able to have a crystal clear pool that will be the envy of all who see it. No smell, no red eyes, no skin irritation. So welcome aboard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.