New Build in West Houston Area - PB

c94f544adf5572fb59e3a60c7219e8e6.jpg

Got close to finishing. About 2 more trucks to shoot tomorrow morning...

DUDE! It is starting to look like a real pool now!

Now is when I ask you what test kit will your PB provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

I am also going share a set of links I put together for new pool owners.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! I will definitely have some questions! For now, I'm busy blowing the concrete dust out of my nose, but as we get closer to completion, I'll need to develop the operating game plan.

Do you know about bonding with your pool when the gunite is done? It is aka as watering it! I really don't think there is any way you would have the time to hand water that thing. You can set up sprinklers to help you out. You do this to help it cure. If it gets some cracks in it that is normal. You should not be able to stick your whole finger in them.

Do you know about bonding with your pool when the gunite is done? It is aka as watering it! I really don't think there is any way you would have the time to hand water that thing. You can set up sprinklers to help you out. You do this to help it cure. If it gets some cracks in it that is normal. You should not be able to stick your whole finger in them.

Just started watering today. They finished up around lunch. I have 3 sprinklers in the pool that will cycle every 6 hours. I get the walls a little more thoroughly with the garden hose. Hopefully the rain in the forecast will materialize now that we are shot. :)

I've been reading through countless threads in this forum for a couple years, joining the forum almost a year ago to post a few questions. This site has been great and has helped me sort through what we want and do not want on our dream pool. It has also been entertaining to watch everyone's pool builds over the years. I will try do my part and post lots of pictures and updates of the progress on our pool so others can enjoy and learn from our experience.

So Here We Go!

Short Background story:
My wife and I met on our high school swim team and got married shortly there-after.
After 15 years of talking about a pool and 12 years playing with different designs / saving up our pennies - we are FINALLY beginning our "Back Yard Lap Pool" - (in about 6 hours to be precise).

(I just sent in a supporter donation so hopefully I will be able to start posting pictures before too long once my account gets configured.)

General Specs on the Pool:
Length: 82 Ft. (25 M)
Width: Between 18.5 Ft. and 33.5 Ft.
Depth: Between 1 Ft. 8 In. and 10 Ft.
Volume: ~83K Gal.

Features
  • Sunken Seating Area
  • Pavillion
  • Hot Tub
  • Baja Shelf
  • 2 Swimming Lanes
  • Back Wall Bench
  • (2) 36" Sheer Descents on Raised Wall

Equipment:
2 x Pentair Intelliflo VS Pumps
2 x Pentair Quad DE 100 Filters
2 x Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU Cupro-Nickel Heaters
1 x Pentair Intelliflo XF Booster Pump (Spa)
1 x QT 2HP Blower (Spa)
1 x Pentair Intellitouch i10+3D
1 x Pentair Mobile-touch Wireless Control
1 x Pentair Screen Logic 2 Wireless Interface
2 x Pentair Valve Actuators
1 x Pentair Intellivalve Actuator

4 x Color Match Superflo 360 Driains
1 x Paramount ParaLevel Auto-Fill
4 x Paramount Venturi Skimmers
7 x Paramount 6" ParaGlo P-Type Color LED Lights

That's it for now. Pictures to follow. Gotta catch some sleep before the excavators are knocking on the door.

-Back_Yard_Lap_Pool

Slight change on Spec's

Lights:
3 x Intellibrite 5g 12v spa lights
4 x Intellibrite 5g 12v pool lights

The builder had some recent warranty issues with Paraglos and we decided to switch to Intellibrite.

Okay so I see two filters and two heaters correct?

where do the different filters filter? Where do the different heaters heat?

Good move on the lights if he is having those kinds of problems.

Left set hits back wall of pool. (6 returns)

Right set hits front wall of pool plus spa. (7 returns)

Right set also provides heat for spa when in spa mode.

Each set draws from one main drain and 2 skimmers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are doing so much right with this build!

Did you design this or did you have outside help?

My design - modified at time of contract with input from the builder.

For example, we got rid of intellichem and laminar jets based on their (negative) experience with them. Added a booster pump, etc.

Things like the hot tub jet design I relied heavily on the builder and plumber - they seem to have a good feel for what works in regards to hot tub.

Quick question: with all the rain we have been getting mid-plumb, I'm fairly certain a good amount of mud has worked it's way into the pipes.

When does this get cleaned out? Does the plaster crew rinse out the pipes after the cut the caps off? Or does the dirt just get blown out and filtered away once the pumps start...

I imagine this is a fairly common occurrence. Just curious how it is addressed.

didn't they put caps on the ends of the pipes as they moved down installing them in the trenches? my guys has a bucket with water in it with a ton of pvc covers. everytime before they laid a pipe in the trench or heated or moved it a cover was inplace. when they added a new piece of a pipe with a union or bend they would remove the cover and put the pipe in place. i actually asked what they were doing and he said it was for just that. not to get dirt in the lines. they are all capped now that they r done on both ends and conduit for electrical is just taped.

pool build is nuts. would love to see some detail pics of the whole spa bridge thing or something you mentioned.

didn't they put caps on the ends of the pipes as they moved down installing them in the trenches? my guys has a bucket with water in it with a ton of pvc covers. everytime before they laid a pipe in the trench or heated or moved it a cover was inplace. when they added a new piece of a pipe with a union or bend they would remove the cover and put the pipe in place. i actually asked what they were doing and he said it was for just that. not to get dirt in the lines. they are all capped now that they r done on both ends and conduit for electrical is just taped.

pool build is nuts. would love to see some detail pics of the whole spa bridge thing or something you mentioned.

Yeah - they didn't do very thorough capping, so there is definitely some dirt to flush out of the pipes (hopefully before plaster).

I just got around to snapping a few picture of the shell, plumbing and electrical after work today.
c92ebe6c6d5084c460d43e340db64ce2.jpg
405982b68712dbc6d19373e1de913e7e.jpg
cb665469f94581c896801018bb955064.jpg
c2f95ba9b3d0e6245c4bae4fe08fad9a.jpg
15fba1f62e54cb625228a9970e6be759.jpg
8c39a2a1bc1106562b821868d25f3186.jpg
fba41d38e678c64bab367ac6f0cec35c.jpg
c93bc6034e6b51e48a17656f1b56399b.jpg
4be16d5845204d7535bba289b1eadeb0.jpg
b320d889896bbe92c9d84527292f9c6f.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.