Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Results with TF-100

1. Back To Top    #1

First Results with TF-100

So the pool is now 3 weeks old, and my TF-100 just got here. Here's my first set of results.

pH 7.6
    FC 6.0
    CC 0.0
    TA 120
    CH 475
    CYA 50

That's the result of the extremely hard water in Las Vegas. My next move would be to drop the TA down. But where do you recommend to drop it to with the crazy hard water here? I also read in another post to make sure pH never goes above 7.8. With the quartz still curing the pool is just eating Muriatic right now. Hmmmmmm, do I see IntellipH or a Stenner in my future.

The SWG will go online in another week.

Thanks
    Drew
    12K Gallon Quartz IG Pool & Spa, Waterfall with 1.5 HP Whisperflo , Easytouch 4, SWG IC40, 3HP IntelliFlo VS, Screenlogic 2, MasterTemp 400K, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First Results with TF-100

Those numbers look fine. There is no need to actively worry about the TA. As you keep the pH in range the TA will drop slowly on its own.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First Results with TF-100

Drew,

Those numbers look good to me also...

With a new pool you will be fighting increasing pH for a while, but I see you have a spillover spa and waterfall. What a lot of new pool owners don't understand is that running your water feature also increases pH.

In fact, that is exactly how we go about lowering TA. We add Muriatic Acid, which lowers TA and pH, and then aerate like crazy which brings pH back up to what we want.

As far as never letting your pH get above 7.8.. It is on the upper limit, but you will find that most SWCG pools like a pH of 7.8.. In my case, my pool will stay at 7.8 for a couple of weeks, or more, without adding any acid. But it will stay at 7.6 for only a few seconds...

Good luck with your new pool,

Jim R
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.