Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New leaf net

1. Back To Top    #1

New leaf net

I have this leaf net now and it works well but it needs to be replaced. Should I get the same or do you all suggest something else?

https://www.amazon.com/Fibropro-Prof...f+pool+skimmer
    Under Construction - Free form in-ground pool/spa, 24x42, 815 sq ft, 119' perimeter, 3.5-8 ft depth, 26,500 gallons, Triton II sand filter, IntelliChlor SWG, 3 Intellibrite LED lights, IntelliFlo VS pump, Easy Touch Control System, raised planter box & patio space TBD........

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New leaf net

That's a nice looking leaf catcher! If that one has been working for you I'd stick with it. It has a nice flat surface for the bottom of the pool to catch things, and a big net so you don't have to keep emptying.

Not a bad price either.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

It says lifetime warranty! Make 'em send you a new one.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Not sure if the warranty covers a puppy, lol.

Under Construction - Free form in-ground pool/spa, 24x42, 815 sq ft, 119' perimeter, 3.5-8 ft depth, 26,500 gallons, Triton II sand filter, IntelliChlor SWG, 3 Intellibrite LED lights, IntelliFlo VS pump, Easy Touch Control System, raised planter box & patio space TBD........

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    Not sure if the warranty covers a puppy, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    uhh..yeah... that might be the *one* exclusion
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

6. Back To Top    #6

I wanna see the puppy!!!

Yeah I don't think I would even ask for a replacement after a "land shark" got a hold of it

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

speaking of puppies w big puppy breath - this one, Bear, almost ate a net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward H400FD 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

PUPPY!!! yeah nothing is safe when they are in this stage!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I use the same one and like it a lot. It helps that I got two of them for $10 each at a clearance sale.
    Dave in Phoenix, AZ, USA
    12,000 gallon IG (5' max depth) , Pebble-tec,
    Hayward SP2303 Maxflo 1.65 HP, Triton TR60 sand filter, 1 skimmer, Pool Devil skimmer, 3 returns, 1 aerator port, Navigator suction-side sweep, Hayward valve actuator, Rainbird sprinkler timer used for valve automation and chlorine injection. Softened water used for makeup.

10. Back To Top    #10

This looks the same as the one I got off ebay advertised as a Red Baron knockoff. I'm really happy with it.
    24000 Gal, 18x36 Vinyl
    Hayward Super Pump
    Jacuzzi Tri Clops Cartridge Filter
    Heat Siphon Heat Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this one. It might be the same frame but with a different bag. In fact, if you look at the second picture, it seems to show the one you referenced (though the brand is listed differently). The difference is the porosity of the bag. The Silt model does "catch" the water making it provide more resistance than the leaf model would. I've used mine for four seasons and it's in good shape.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Here is the little destroyer, haha.

13. Back To Top    #13

BUT Dad! I am SO cute! hehe

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

I have an almost identical destroyer at my house!!

He looks innocent here but don't let that sweet face fool you. Naughty!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 544 sq feet in ground shotcrete pool, 3.6' to 6' depth, stone coping. Includes: Spa elevated 18 with stacked stone, Concrete Deck
, 18 raised beam with stacked stone Waterfalls on raised beam wall, Stacked stone on firepit side, 4' Firepit, Flagstone steps to firepit area

15. Back To Top    #15

Is that a lab?

Maddie

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Is that a lab?

Maddie
    He is a lab/pit mix. Definitely has all the traits of the lab though. Can't keep him out of the pool and wants to chew everything!