any experience with roll on plaster?

Jun 24, 2007
I heard there was a product that is do-it-yourself plaster. A product applied with a 1" roller that dries pretty fast. I don't know how thick you go, how many coats, how much it cost, how big a job you can do with it, etc.

Has anyone heard of the product and / or used it? I want to seal up/repair a plaster area for a friend with plaster but no money.

Suggestions welcome,
Thanks,

If that was actually a viable product , there would not be any need for any plaster contractors. Pool companies would just let their hourly guys do the plaster with a paint roller. Truth be told. Its a sham.

Frank R said:
If that was actually a viable product , there would not be any need for any plaster contractors. Pool companies would just let their hourly guys do the plaster with a paint roller. Truth be told. Its a sham.

I appreciate the feedback. I actually heard about it through a local PB. He is going to come see the job and then tell me about it if he thinks it would work. He said it was manufactured by a company in Georgia. I will post info if it looks like a possiblility. Thanks,

sider-oxydro...it is a good product. i have seen a few pools with it. plaster contractors dont like it because they lose the job. very easy for a diy guy. drain, acid wash & neutralize the pool, pressure wash, let dry, roll on the plaster, sponge any less than perfect areas, let dry 24 hours second coat, sponge finish and fill. cheaper than paint! they do a lot of waterproofing with their product. they also have a lot of references. the last time i priced it, it was about 1.80 a sqft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.